- Did you know that more than your bones, the teeth are the hardest substance in the human body?
- Did you know that there are over 1000 million bacteria in just one drop of saliva?
- Did you know that the earliest toothbrush was developed in China around 1600 BC?
- Did you know that the Egyptians used a form of toothpaste made from a mixture of salt, min and pepper 5000 years ago?
- Did you know that 78% of Americans have had at least one cavity by age 17? (Centers for Disease Control, 2002)
- Did you know that 74% of Americans are affected by some kind of gum disease or gingivitis? (The Academy of General Dentistry, 2002)
- Did you know that the cavities in your mouth, if left untreated, can lead to heart disease?
- Did you know that if you don't floss, you miss cleaning 35% of your tooth surfaces?
- Did you know that the American Dental Association suggests you get a new toothbrush every 3-4 months?
- Did you know that you are supposed to brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes, three times a day?
Now how many of these mouth matters did you know?