The Benefits of a Family Dentist
Do you need a family dentist? The professionals at Millbrook Smiles in Sudbury, MA, are here to help!
What can your family dentist do for you?
- Bridges: Bridges are custom-made oral appliances that can conceal dental gaps while also restoring proper biting and chewing functions.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that reinforces weak teeth and covers unaesthetic ones, such as those marred by cracks, dents, and chips. When your tooth is severely decayed and large portions of it are removed, your Sudbury family dentists use a dental crown to preserve whatever remains of your natural tooth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are made up of a titanium post that is surgically inserted into your jaws to replace missing tooth roots. Implants help stabilize, strengthen, and prevent the weakening and shrinking of your jawbone.
- Fillings and Dental Bonding: Made from composite resin, these procedures aim to treat decayed, chipped, fractured, and discolored teeth. In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your family dentist will apply an etching solution on the tooth surface before applying the resin. The composite is then molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
General Dental Care
Here are a few tips to stay healthy:
- Visit your dentist for bi-annual dental appointments to maintain your oral health
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food
- Floss your teeth before bed to preserve your crowns and natural teeth
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpastes and mouthwash
- Eat fruits and vegetables that'll help avoid cavities
- Brush your teeth twice a day by spending two full minutes brushing your teeth and tilting your brush at a 45-degree angle to ensure that you remove as much food debris as possible
For more information on what your family dentists can provide for you and your loved ones, contact Millbrook Smiles' Sudbury, MA, office today at (978)443-5500