Sudbury Smile Center
Posts for tag: family dentistry
If you have a large family, Sudbury, MA, family dentist, Dr. Reina P. Garcia, DMD, can accommodate the needs of each relative from infancy to adulthood. Here at Millbrook Smiles, we understand how hectic life gets, which is why we dedicate ourselves to making our practice convenient and accessible. Whether you have a child or a sibling in need of preventive dental care, a teenager who may benefit from orthodontics, or a parent or grandparent who requires restorations, we can provide the best treatment options for you.
What is a Family Dentist?
Children have different dental needs than adults and vice versa. They also tend to be more anxious in the dental chair. At our Sudbury office, Dr. Garcia relates to patients on a personal level at every life stage, providing them with pediatric, preventive, cosmetic, and restorative treatments, all under one roof.
What a Family Dentist Can Do for You
There a number of benefits to visiting a family dentist. To start, we can help your child or sibling establish a healthy relationship with brushing and flossing habits as early as possible, thus preparing them for a lifetime of good oral health. During tooth development, children also often require sealants to protect teeth from cavities from forming, a service we provide in-office.
For older patients, we can provide cosmetic procedures to fix minor and major perfections, including chips, cracks, and discolorations. Additionally, when it comes to tooth loss, our Sudbury office provides restorations that are specifically suited to your needs.
Interested? Give Us a Call
If you're tired of driving all over town to meet your family's dental needs, we offer services for patients of all ages. For more information about our Sudbury, MA, practice and the services we provide, visit our website. To schedule an appointment, please call 978-443-5500.
Do you need a family dentist? The professionals at Millbrook Smiles in Sudbury, MA, are here to help!
What can your family dentist do for you?
- Bridges: Bridges are custom-made oral appliances that can conceal dental gaps while also restoring proper biting and chewing functions.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that reinforces weak teeth and covers unaesthetic ones, such as those marred by cracks, dents, and chips. When your tooth is severely decayed and large portions of it are removed, your Sudbury family dentists use a dental crown to preserve whatever remains of your natural tooth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are made up of a titanium post that is surgically inserted into your jaws to replace missing tooth roots. Implants help stabilize, strengthen, and prevent the weakening and shrinking of your jawbone.
- Fillings and Dental Bonding: Made from composite resin, these procedures aim to treat decayed, chipped, fractured, and discolored teeth. In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your family dentist will apply an etching solution on the tooth surface before applying the resin. The composite is then molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
General Dental Care
Here are a few tips to stay healthy:
- Visit your dentist for bi-annual dental appointments to maintain your oral health
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food
- Floss your teeth before bed to preserve your crowns and natural teeth
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpastes and mouthwash
- Eat fruits and vegetables that'll help avoid cavities
- Brush your teeth twice a day by spending two full minutes brushing your teeth and tilting your brush at a 45-degree angle to ensure that you remove as much food debris as possible
For more information on what your family dentists can provide for you and your loved ones, contact Millbrook Smiles' Sudbury, MA, office today at (978)443-5500
You can have one dentist in Sudbury for your whole family. Caring for children through senior adults, Dr. Reina Garcia provides the finest in preventative, restorative and cosmetic treatments so you'll enjoy going to Millbrook Smiles. What can your family dentist in Sudbury, MA do for you today?
You brush and floss at home. You watch your diet and encourage your family in tooth-friendly eating. So why go to the family dentist?
Frankly, no matter what your age or walk of life, you need routine hygienic cleanings and dental exams every six months. Plaque and tartar target your teeth and gums with decay and gum disease, the number one cause of tooth loss in the US, according to the American Academy of Periodontology. Your family dentist in Sudbury provides the extra vigilance and diagnostic skill needed to spot dental and gingival problems early on while they are treatable.
Additionally, Dr. Garcia:
- Checks condition of existing fillings, crowns and other restorations
- Recommends plastic sealants and fluoride treatments for teeth at risk for decay (these services are for adults, too)
- Performs oral cancer screening
- Takes digital X-rays to visualize bone structure and roots
- Checks dental bite and alignment
Yes, your family dentist takes your findings and formulates a treatment plan for each patient. The goal is healthy teeth and gums and a great smile.
Dr. Garcia and her team go beyond preventive care. They restore damaged smiles, too, with tooth-colored fillings, root canal therapy, crowns and bridgework, dentures, and dental implants.
Plus, your dentist delivers the best in emergency care--advice and quick treatment when you and yours need it most. Parents, you know you have a caring and competent friend at Millbrook Smiles if your child suffers an oral injury of any kind. The team is just a phone call away, and they'll also help you when a toothache or cracked filling happens to you or an older relative.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that your smile can look as good as it feels. Today's aesthetic treatments deliver great smiles that boost self-confidence and are truly durable, too.
Dr. Garcia wants to know how you would like the appearance of your smile to change. Then, together you can work toward achieving those goals. She offers:
- Porcelain veneers, to disguise and strengthen chipped, cracked or stained teeth
- Professional teeth whitening to brighten dingy tooth enamel
- Composite resin bonding to repair small defects such as gaps and chips
- Invisalign clear aligners which help teens and adults improve tooth alignment and aesthetics without metal braces
It's all here
Why not bring your family to Millbrook Smiles? Everything you need for healthy smiles is under one roof. Contact us today for your convenient appointment times. You'll be greeted with a smile and leave the office with a healthier one of your own. Call (978) 443-5500.